Monday, June 12, 2017

Florida Part #3

Our ocean day! We decided that it would be a good idea to go and have the boys experience the Atlantic ocean since we were so close to it. We rented a compact car (from our hotel lobby - so cool), and headed off about an hour away to Cocoa Beach. Brandon's coworker, Peter, used to live in Florida, so he pointed us in the direction of a family friendly beach. The boys were thrilled with the ocean. I loved collecting shells, and I was super glad that we were able to rent a beach umbrella and two chairs. I should have gotten more pictures here, not sure why I didn't.






The only picture I took of Brandon at the beach.






Our beach rental was only good for 3 hours, so around 2:00 we packed up and headed back. We took a small detour and drove to the city of Satellite Bay. My good friend, back home, moved from there a year ago. I just had to go and see her town since we were so close. I wish I would have been a creepy friend and asked for her former home address. That would have been awesome.


When we arrived back to the hotel Luke's special dinosaur had been delivered. He was so excited to have it, and he has really loved it ever since. It has been one those really expensive toys that the kid actually really loves and plays with.

 
Brandon and Peter have been doing nightly reading for a long time now. They finished the entire Harry Potter series (plus the other 2 JK Rowling books that relate to HP). Now they are reading the Charlie Bone series. They both love it. It's such a strong tradition that we had to pack the book to take along with us. We are loving this stage of parenthood so much!

No comments: