There are so many cool things that they have built in each of the many "lands". It was amazing to step off the boat and see some of them. I'm sure I could have studied them for hours. They were so detailed.
This particular area was a show. We tried to get the boys to go and watch it. We even got so far as to the first little staging area where they take you. Then, Luke started really freaking out and then he said he had to go to the bathroom. Ugh. We dashed around looking for an exit and found the emergency exit. It took us down through a back alleyway and it was interesting to see behind the scenes of the park. It was still well maintained and beautiful, albeit, the backside of buildings.
The most important thing for us to do was to go to Hogsmead first thing. Peter was especially excited. It is amazing how the little houses have been built up. They also have a Hogwarts train you can stand in front of to get your picture. I always felt so terrible for the "worker" who was the conductor. They looked so hot in their multi layered costume. Ugh. Not fun.
The first ride we went on was Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Oh my gosh, I didn't like it at all, and neither did Luke. It was a 4D ride so you have glasses on and then you get spit on and blown fire on too. We saw spiders, dementors, and a whole bunch of the characters from the Harry Potter books. I know I should have cared more about what the ride was showing me, but all I could think about was getting off. Neither Luke or I went on it again, but Peter did every single day we were there.
Just off to the right of this picture is a small roller coaster that was much better for Luke. It was called Flight of the Hippogriff. He loved it so much! We went as a family on that ride next. It was enjoyable, and they have a statue of Buckbeak on his nest just as the rides starts going. So, from then on, Luke called it the Buckbeak ride. Later on, I was so glad we had Express passes because we were able to skip the main line and get in much quicker. That was so helpful when it got unbearably hot outside.
After those first two rides, we went to Olivander's wand shop for the wand ceremony. Kinda cheesie, but the kids were in complete awe. Afterward, we spent a small fortune outfitting the boys with these special wands. We then followed the special map which showed them the enchanted windows. Peter worked himself up into a dither because he couldn't get his wand to work on some of them. We later heard that if the sun is shining right on the window it won't work. Later on, we had better luck.
By then, the rest of the amusement park was open. So, we ate a quick breakfast at the 3 broomsticks in Hogsmead and then started wandering over to the other areas. Luke loved this ride in the Dr. Seuss area. It was a ride where the kid controls the car and they have the ability to get you sopping wet. Luke thought it was so funny to get me as wet as possible.
Being a gardener, I absolutely loved at the creative things they added to their garden areas. This particular face astounded me. One morning while Peter and I were sharing a doughnut for breakfast, one of the gardeners came out of a back area. He was fertilizing all the flowers. Dream job right there. I would love to see how they make it all look so beautiful all the time. Especially with the crazy heat and humidity.



No comments:
Post a Comment