Monday, June 12, 2017

Florida Part #4

Legoland Day! Once again, we set out in our little rented car. We drove in the opposite direction about an hour. We got there at 9am and thought they would let people in early. Nope, they didn't. So, we were extremely bored for an hour until they opened.


All the waiting was made much better when this friendly guy saw Peter and Luke hanging over the entrance gate. They were so excited to get in. He called them up to stand by him, and they officially opened the park for the day. The video is a bit crazy, but the end part is super cute as both boys push a lever to open the park.


This Legoland is similar to the one in San Diego, but there are a few minor differences. This day was extremely hot 98 degrees, and with the humidity Mom was CRABBY! We were waiting in a line directly in the sun. After 20 minutes Luke and I couldn't wait any more. So, Luke and I went one way, and Peter and Dad went the other. That's how most of this trip was. I took Luke and Peter stayed with Papa.


I love these buildings that are made of Legos. While they did had some cool ones, I like San Diego's better. They had a boat ride that takes you around a pond to look at some massive Lego buildings/animals/creations.



These are some of the fun things that Peter and Dad did while they were by themselves.













Peter spent the afternoon trying to convince Brandon to let him have his face painted. Brandon finally paid for him to have it done. This is the 2nd face painting job he had done. The first one got ruined when he went on a Chima ride that was a water ride. Luckily, they just redo it for free. It was so surprised when I saw Peter. We are always too cheap to have face paint done.



Here are a few of the things Luke and I did together. Not nearly as fun, but it was so hot and both of us just wanted to take things slowly. Finally, at 2pm we went to get lunch. Then, when they swiped my credit card, it declined. SO, I tried to call Brandon. That didn't work. I tried to call the credit card company. They couldn't hear me. So, we went outside and found a bench to wait on. I felt so down on my luck. Thankfully, it wasn't too much longer before Brandon noticed my text and called. I have never been so thankful for food in my life. Seriously, I would really struggle if I ever had to live on the streets. 





The park closed at 5pm. Right before that, we met up to let the boys buy a few small (or one large) lego set. It was their favorite part of the day. We drove back to the area near our hotel and found a Chick-Fil-A. We love eating here because every single one of us will actually eat their food. It was the perfect ending to a very, very, very hot and humid day.



No comments: