The boys and I had a chance to go and spend part of the day with Grandma Deslie. We had a wonderful time, especially because Grandma was in an "up for anything" mood and she lit a fire in the fireplace. We came prepared with hotdogs and smores. The boys loved helping Grandma by tossing in newspaper and small sticks of kindling. I had a wonderful time remembering all the fun times we had as kids being pyro's with that same fireplace.
While we were there Luke also decided to show Grandma what a typical day for him is like and he had three potty accidents while we were there. He ended up in the bathtub twice and he also got to wear one of Grandma's small shirts while his clothes were in the laundry. Oh, that child. We have been potty training since May and I wonder if he will ever completely get it down.
It has been quite a long time since we spent the day down there with just Grandma. It was so nice and relaxing for this Momma. Hopefully we'll get a chance to do it again soon.
1 comment:
How nice for you. :) And your boys. And your mom. :) I could use some Laurie Ann time too.
Post a Comment