Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Story for Peter

Yesterday morning Peter and I had a rare chance to spend an hour together before Luke woke up for the day. After having breakfast he asked me if he could look at his scriptures and mark some of the words in them. Not wanting to discourage him I told him he could do whatever he wanted, but I told him to be respectful too since they were the worlds of the prophets from a long time ago. A few minutes later he came into my room and showed me how he had added stickers to a few of the pages.

Then, he asked me to read him a Book of Mormon scripture story. His request was quite the surprise. He has never asked for a story out of the "real" (not abbreviated) scriptures. So I quickly looked up the story of the 2,000 Stripling Warriors. I knew he would enjoy that story and I was right. He thought it was so cool they went to war in place of their fathers (who had made a covenant to never go to war again). I read two entire columns before he got tired of the story. I am glad that we had that special moment together. I hope that we will have many more moments like this one as he grows up to be an amazing man.

This past Sunday he came home so excited to show me his new CTR ring (and we haven't lost it yet - a new record), and his assignment to say a prayer in Primary this coming Sunday. He is growing up so quickly and it's so exciting to see his enthusiasm for life. I love it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Peter! That is so cool he stayed attentive through that many verses. You inspire me. :-) Lis