Saturday, November 12, 2011
Peter is 3
Our firstborn turned three this week! Oh my gosh, how quickly time has flown by. All week I've been looking at him and trying to decide where the years went. He loved his b-day and was happy with all the present he received. He also got a special treat-he got to go to Grandpa and Grandma Davis' ward since Aunt Lisa and Uncle Brent blessed baby Benjamin that day. It was a wonderful day.
The morning started out with Peter's favorite breakfast in the entire world - brown sugar muffins. It's one of the only breakfast foods he will actually eat.
Then, we let him open his presents. He was very adept at unwrapping the paper and pulling the gift out. This cowboy set was something he picked out himself with the coupon we had for Toys R Us. His favorite part are the handcuffs. Poor Luke has already been 'captured' more than once.
All his presents. We were hoping to get him interested in potty training with all the potty stuff we gave to him, but I think it's had the opposite effect. Now he is terrified of the toilet. Alas.....
This is one of the presents that Grandpa and Grandma Thomas gave to Peter. I know clothes aren't that exciting, but he sure looks all grown up in this new set of clothes.
Finally, here is his b-day cake. Brandon and I decided that we are going to have a family tradition where Mom makes a basic cake and the kids get to chose how to decorate it. Hence the fruit snacks. Sadly, Peter didn't enjoy the cake. He didn't even eat one bite. However, he did enjoy picking off the fruit snacks and eating them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
how fun! he is so cute! as for the potty training, its hard to get the kid interested, sometimes you just have to put them on the toilet, he is a smart kid! he will learn very quickly! yay for him being 3!
Aw! I love it. :) Kids are so funny. I love his decorating. :) Happy birthday, Peter! I can't believe it's been 3 years either! Wasn't it just yesterday we were snail mail pen pals??? We aren't old enough to have kids!
So cute! He is looking so grown up!!! And I love the idea on making a basic cake and they decorate how they want. Sure makes it a whole lot less stressful I would imagine!!!! You are the bees knees!
Post a Comment