Friday, July 9, 2010

Baby #2 is coming soon

It feels FANTASTIC to finally be able to say that Baby #2 is coming. More pictures and stuff to come. I'm 10 weeks preggo with my due date in February.

18 comments:

Alli said...

YIPPIE!! WE are SOOOOO EXCITED For you!! I am just sooooo EXCITED.. YEAH!!! :) :) I love babies!! SO glad other's get to have them and I get to enjoy them now!! :) CONGRATULATIONS!!

melissa said...

How exciting!!! Congrats!! How are you feeling? Let me know if you need anything at all. I get really sick and miserable when I'm pregnant, so I can sympathize if you do, too. Plus, I know lots of tricks to help with the yuckiness.

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Melissa - um, yes, suggestions on yuckiness would be good. Six weeks of feeling nauseous 24/7 is getting really old:-)

Erica said...

Yea!!!!!! There is a dr. I know of that can get RID of morning sickness. Now, granted I've never tried because I haven't been pregnant since I found this out, but if you want more info give me a call. Congrats!!!!

melissa said...

Okay, here's what I've got:

Take 100mg of vitamin B6 with a half a Unisom tablet every night before bed (It has to be the tablet and they need to be taken together, because it's the chemical reaction between the two that really does it). It helps a lot. Also, phenergan has helped me a lot for a couple weeks, but then it stopped working for me. You can get a prescription from your OB. There are a couple other options, as well. One I tried with limited success and the other I've never tried. Also, anything with ginger. (Ginger ale, ginger cookies, ginger suckers - aka preggie pops available at Motherhood Maternity). You can even buy ginger gum at Walgreens. (We keep some in the car in case the kids get carsick.) I also ALWAYS carry peppermints with me and suck on them almost nonstop when I am not eating. Helps a lot. You can try those motion sickness wristbands. I think they help sometimes, but I have a sis-in-law who swears by them. Eat small amounts very often. Other than that, good luck! That's about all I've got.

If you need some time to yourself to lay down and sleep or just feel too gross to be a mom for a while, feel free to bring Peter over to my place. Or even, call me and I'll walk over and pick him up. I'm serious. Dealing with "morning" sickness (it's all day and night in my case) while trying to care for a little one is a real pain sometimes. I know how it goes.

Johanna said...

Oh my goodness that's so exciting!! Congrats!!

Alli said...

personally Laurie, I tried Everything to get rid of the sickness and NOTHING worked for me. With Kiersten, I felt That way ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE WHOLE PREGNANCY.. course, I was so bad I would throw up almost every day.. and Hailey, it ended in the middle of my 2 Trimester and I even had a two prescriptions with her and I still felt like crap . the B6 made me worse.. at least I swore it did.. As soon as you feel blah, eat saltines .. it helped me alittle .. I had to eat something the min I started feeling BLAH.. it took it away for a little bit.. SO.. Good luck!! and just remember the reward at the end.. That's what would keep me going!

Alli said...

oh and the Ginger thing, That does help.. I ate those motherhood pops like and peppermint candies with the girls like it was the best candy EVER!!

Alicia Bunderson said...

congrats laurie!! We are so excited for you!

Lindsay said...

I am so excited for you. Let the sickness roll on unless you are one of those that doesn't get sick????

Best of luck and can't wait....

Kaeloni said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats! How fun!

Katrina said...

Yay! Congrats! So excited for you! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY that is SO exciting. Peter will be an awesome BIG brother. Eating something citrus in the morning always helped me, like an orange or so first in the morning. :)

Jenn said...

Hee! hee! I knew you were baby hungry and that it was going to happen soon! :P Congratulations! I hope you are having a girl! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is exciting news. :)

Annie said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!

Lisa said...

Congrats! Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?

Unknown said...

Yay, congrats you guys!!!