Sunday, July 11, 2010

Telling my parents

We had planned to tell my parents on Father's Day that baby #2 was on it's way. However, my Mom got really sick so we had to cancel that family party. We managed to get together the next Sunday here at our apartment for dinner and then OFFHE at my Aunt Laurie's house.

After dinner and desert we gave this cheap picture frame to my Mom as her late b-day present (her b-day was on Father's day this year).



Brandon managed to capture her opening it on video. The faces of both my parents are so classic. I love it. Neither one of them expected the announcement so that made it extra fun.

8 comments:

Erica said...

So fun! I love your parents. :^)

Alli said...

thats cool.. BUT why didn't you want to tell us on Father's day!?!! we had to wait!?!! ha ha ha. .:) We loved the way you told us too! :)

Andrea said...

So neat! Yeah, I am excited for you guys! Love the video. Such a good idea.

Alicia Bunderson said...

that is fun! Ya how come we always have to wait for the announcement? ha ha (ok i know its because we are the in-laws) I told my parents a week before I told my in laws to (with morgan)...I'm very excited for you guys!

Kaeloni said...

how fun!

nora.lakehurst said...

OH yay! Congrats!

RoBecky said...

That video made me smile SO much!! I love your mom and I love everyone's reactions. Priceless!

Koreena said...

Priceless! I love that she was so excited to get a frame and you had to tell her to read it. LOL What a fun way to tell!