We had a nice morning and early afternoon together as a family. It was nice that Brandon was able to take the day off work to be with us. I think it would be so awesome if he could always take off for the kids b-days, but I guess we'll have to see how that goes.
After Peter took a catnap in the afternoon (30 mintues) we had a visit from Grandpa and Grandma Thomas. They were so generous to Peter and he got a new outfit and a stuffed Cookie Monster. Peter absolutly adores the eyes on Cookie Monster.
Grandpa also let Peter play with his cell phone that has all sorts of fun "touch" games on it. Peter was cautious at first, but by the end of the visit he was having a blast with that phone.
For dinner we had Twice Baked Potates and Jello. THEN, I made him a little mini cake for him to enjoy. It was hilarious to see him eat it. I made a white cake for him because I knew chocloate would make him sick and it would be such a mess if it accidently got on the carpet.
At first he had no idea what to do with the cake, so Bran and I had to help him a little bit. Once he got the idea he really had a blast.
Then it was off to the warm bath to get all cleaned off. Afterwards, he opened his presents. He got a toy cell phone (from the Dollar Store), a Tonka Bulldozer, and a toy hammer with nails that he can pound down. It was so much fun watching him rip the wrapping paper to get to the "goods".
Then it was off to bed for the little boy. Today we also had a few more b-day celebrations. We went to Cold Stone and got him his free birthday icecream. It was delicious (Raspberry Sorbet with mini chocolate chips) and Peter ate more than I thought he would.
We also tried going to the Discovery Park in AF and playing, but there were just too many BIG kids for him to enjoy it since he can't walk on his own yet. Alas. At least there is always next year.
So, Peter had a wonderful birthday full of fun and joy. Thank you all for sending him b-day wishes, calling him on the phone, and visiting. We love you all so much!
5 comments:
Oh cute and fun! I can't believe he is one years old. He is so cute. He's just grown up! Happy birthday Peter!
Sounds like a fun B-day for a special kiddo! Yahoo! I love the pix of him munching Cookie Monster's eyes! LOL
He's so adorable! It's amazing to me he's one already! Sounds like it was a wonderful birthday.
How fun! :^)
I totally hear ya on what the other blog said. The other problem is that it only gets worse and better at the same time. What a blessing we get them for eternity!
The ice cream pictures are so cute, he looks so excited to have ice cream. I'm glad Peter had a happy birthday :)
Post a Comment