Monday, September 14, 2009

Utah State Fair

Last Thursday I threw everything on the back burner, told Brandon to take a vacation day from work, and we drove up to Salt Lake to see the sites and sounds at the Utah State Fair. The animals enthralled Peter and I loved seeing his amazed reactions to the creatures he's never been around. By far his favorite animals were the goats. I also have a soft spot for goats (having had Nubian milking goats during my teenage years) and I almost wanted one home with me.

Here are just a few of our favorite pictures from the fair.









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH! Looks like such FUN!!! Very cute pix of the goat! Ahh memories.... Good job on just getting out and going to the state fair! :-)

-Lis

Alli said...

how fun! i wanted to go!

Alicia Bunderson said...

Laurie, so fun! That is awesome! We're going on Friday. I'm way excited. and yes goats are fun, especially baby goats! I secretly want one to.

Here Dwells Happiness said...

So glad you are going on Saturday Alicia. I would recommend going to the animals first so they are awake. They were sleeping when we went back to see them after lunch and it was sad.

Alli said...

I want to GOOOOO !! :(