
My Dad brought me over a bucketful of peaches from their trees a few days ago. I quickly realized that there were more peaches in the bucket than Bran, Peter, and I can eat. So, I bought some bottles from Walmart and gathered other canning supplies from here, there, and everywhere. In the end I had 6 quarts of peaches.

This is my little kitchen right before I got started. Thank goodness Peter took a good nap for me that day. I was able to get the whole process done and cleaned up before he woke up. It felt so rewarding to do something I'd never done by myself before.

Here is the finished product. I'm so proud of these six little bottles. While I was canning I had so many flash backs to when I was young. I remember canning with all the Burr family (my maternal side), as well as my Mom. I'll never forget making grape juice at our house on 800 S in Orem. One time I unplugged the drain for the juice and a purple stream of liquid got all over the kitchen. As you can imagine I got in BIG trouble for that.

I also had to include this last picture. While I was doing some housework earlier today I suddenly found myself alone. That's never a good thing with a crawling baby around. When I started yelling "Peter" I heard him hitting the door in the office. When I opened the door this is what I saw. It was so funny that I immediately burst into tears. My little boy is getting so BIG. Waaaaa. He was so proud of the fact that he ran and hid from Mom.
5 comments:
Darling picture!
What a cutie pie!
good job on the canning! We canned salsa and tomato sauce and Italian stewed tomatoes recently, that's when the adventure started with the kitchen sink. Peter is so dang cute! that is way funny!
Extra peaches? :) If you ever find yourself with this problem again, I would more than be willing to take some off of your hands. :) hee! hee! That picture of Peter is so cute, I can't believe how big he is.
HA! Peter is a HOOT! I love, love it! WTG on the canning too! I wanna do that someday! Good job on getting it done before Peter woke up! When I grow up, I wanna be like you girl!
-Lis
Wow you go girl! I can't believe you got it all done start to finish during a nap time! You are amazing! It is so rewarding to do something that benefits your family and is so domestic :)!! And of course Peter is a stud muffin! He is loosing the baby look and looking like a little toddler man!
Post a Comment