Thursday, July 9, 2009

My perfect smile

I spent yesterday morning at the orthodontist office. The orthodontist told me that my perfect smile will be noticeable to the entire world on July 28th!!! I am so excited!

I have one last decision to make in regards to my braces and I don't know what to do. In your opinion should I get a permanent wire on my top and bottom teeth or should I just opt for the removable retainer? It's so hard to know what would be the best.

10 comments:

Cammi said...

beautiful!!! opt for the removable for the top - but I would get permanent on the bottom. who is your orthodontist?

Jenn said...

Congrats! That's the same day as Spencer's birthday.

Unknown said...

How exciting! You better give us a close-up just like that picture you posted :) One of the weirdest things for me after I got my braces off was that fact that I didn't have to maneuver my lips around the braces anymore when I talked to when I would stop smiling. They just felt so slimy! You'll love it!

As for the retainer thing... it's up to you. I have a permanent one for the bottom and it is nice to have and not to worry about putting one in and out all the time. It does making flossing a little harder though, but you get through it. If you get the removable retainer... just remember to keep wearing it!!! and if you have to dental work done, bring your retainer to make sure the retainer still fits. Unfortunately my teeth have moved a little as a result. So I would say definitely get one for the bottom and for the top, I don't know. There were times where I wished I had one for the top but then again, I don't really know if that would have been best. Sorry this was so long but hopefully it helped!

Alicia Bunderson said...

yay laurie!! I'm so excited for you! I would get removable top and bottom. I have them both removable and its nice because you don't get food stuck in the permanent one. Also they say that the teeth that have the metal part all around the tooth start to go bad and you have to get it removed. Thats just what the ortho told me. (but we went to the same orthodontist) so maybe its changed.

Allison had a permanent one on the bottom and it broke, so she got it removed and went to a removable one, and she loves it so much better.

Well theres my opinion. I'm so happy for you...it so so so excited to have brand new straight teeth!

nora.lakehurst said...

removable

Erica said...

Yea! I'm so excited for you and, like has been mentioned, I want a close up too!

As for advice...I have none. I have a friend that just got hers off a couple of months ago and she got the permanent one at least on the bottom.

Maybe it would depend on if you think you'll really put the removable one in as often as you should? Who knows? :^) Good luck!!!!!!

Alli said...

YEAH. That's so wonderful! :)

My opinion.. REMOVABLE. My permanant one on the bottom was a nightmare. it kept breaking off. Finally I had them take it off and iwent removable for both and I LOVE THEM. Plus, mine both glow in the dark.. ha ha ha. but that is my opinon.

Becky said...

Yahoo! That's so exciting!!

I've never had braces and therefore have never experienced either, so no recommendations here :) Good luck with whatever you decide, though! (Oh, and I do have friends who had braces when they were younger and then quit/got lazy about wearing the retainer and their teeth moved and they ended up with braces a second time...so I don't recommend getting lazy about the retainer if you get a removable one ;) bahah, not that you would after all of that work!)

Pamela said...

I am very excited for you, that is fabulous. As for retainer I am with the removable group. The only thing with that is you have to be diligent about putting them on every night. Good luck it will be great.

Jenni said...

hard decision. I would say just get removable but I am someone who had braces, got removable, didn't wear them and whose teeth have moved back. so don't ever listen to my advice as far as teeth go! I can't wait to see what you look like with out those braces! So exciting!