Peter ate his first cracker by himself today. It was an experiment that I thought might work and I was very impressed when it did. I plopped him down on the kitchen floor and he went to town. It was so cute to watch. He tries so hard to be grown up.
Excuse the large picture of Bran's bum, but I had to post this picture. Peter loves to walk with help now. He would do this all day long if I had the strength to hold him up. I'm beginning to wonder if he will skip crawling and go right to walking.
This is such a new experience for me that I was neglectful in doing the investigative work (which caused a lot of crying from Peter) until today. Poor chap. Needless to say, he'll get a lot more of mommy rocking and singing to him. I would appreciate any advice/recommendations on teething babies. Okay, now it's off to bed for me. What a memorable day.
6 comments:
oye, teething can be awful! I just gave my kids some tylenol or motrin - but i know you can buy those teething tablets, not sure if they work though. good luck - he's an adorable baby!
Poor little man. I would try a frozen gogurt. I did that with all of my kids or even an otterpop. Good luck, meds help but only so much.
He is so dang cute! It kind of seems like they get big overnight, doesn't it? Poor guy, teething. :( They used to make stuff called OraGel (or something similar) for babies, and it's essentially (tastes and feels, anyhow) the same as the stuff the red stuff the dentist puts on your gums before the Novocaine shot. I'm not sure if it's still marketed or used on babies, though. Otherwise cold, wet washclothes to chew on and lots of mommy love have been staples for most of kids I've sat for.
oh i'm sorry he's teething. ya we were all wondering because he was acting like he didn't feel good. good luck! sorry i don't have any advice, mine hasn't started to teeth.
peter is SO BIG! he'll be walking for reals before you know it! looks like you had a fun time on the 4th. do you have any other fun plans coming up?
All these suggestions have been sooo helpful. Thank you! The only other place we plan on going this summer is: camping with just our little family plus a trip to Canada. We're pretty excited about both trips. Yahoo!
Post a Comment