Friday, October 31, 2008

It's wedding time

Last weekend my sister Lisa got engaged to the most amazing guy ever (besides Bran, of course). His name is Brent Johnson and he is originally from Washington State, but his parents moved to Alpine while he was in his late teens. He is currently a student BYU majoring in Human Resource Management. Brent makes Lisa so happy and he fits so natually into the family. Hurrah for another boy in the family. We are all looking forward to their day-after-Christmas wedding. Yea!

Lisa has been amazing with the planning. In the week they've been engaged she's figured out the temple, decided on colors, coordinated her wedding cake, booked a photographer for the day of, purchased her wedding dress, found a photographer for bridals, and kept herself sane in the process. You go girl! You are going to be a beautiful bride.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! He's a true sweetie-pie! And we both got our rings already! Yahoo!

Anonymous said...

Aww! Congrats to her! :D

And holy jeez is she ever speedy with bookings and planning! Are they getting married this year? What are her colours? What does her dress look like?

I'm totally hating planning my own, but I find it to be so much fun to hear about other people's planning.

Anonymous said...

And AHHHHH! I can't believe there's only 13 more days on your ticker!!! That's just crazy! This time seems like it went by sooo fast...

Anonymous said...

And also... (I promise I will stop leaving so many comments on here >.<)
where in WA is he from? :D

Alli said...

That is super great.. YEAH FOR A WEDDING!!!! It's so fun having more people in the family married!!! :)

Here Dwells Happiness said...

B - Yes, she is getting married this December! We Utahans we are known for being speedy at getting married. Her colors are going to be blue, pink, and silver. We were joking with her that they should be red and green for Christmas - LOL. I wish I knew what her dress looks like. I'll send you a picture as soon as I see it. She said it is so beautiful and absolutly perfect for her. Plus it only cost $144 since she found it online. Mom will have to do some slight alternations, but otherwise it's all ready to go.

Yes, only 13 more days. I think the little guy will hold off until then at least 'cause I haven't felt anything as far as contractions or even pain. Guess my tummy makes a pleasant house. Don't stop commenting - I love hearing from you. I'd love to see your blog updated (hint, hint)

I'll ask about what part of WA. He loves that state and I wouldn't be surprised if they went back and lived there.

nora.lakehurst said...

COngrats!

Anonymous said...

Lol, yes, it's true, we should update it. It's been since May, I think. We stopped because my idiot dad was getting information about us from somewhere and we weren't sure where. We don't have a way to make the blog private, and so I sort of forgot about it. Can you make blogspot blogs private (by which I mean passworded)?

That is speedy! I'm glad I have a year to plan everything because I have so very, very little time on my hands (well, 10ish months now), but sometimes I think it would be so much easier to just get married right away. Less of the fuss to go with it all. I can't wait to see her dress!! A winter wedding would be so neat (I'd love to do one if it weren't so dang inconvenient for all the travelling folks we have...it's also really cold here then).

I'm thinking instead of the blog, I'll work on getting a wedding website up this week :) That should happen pretty soon anyways. I've been putting off wedding things because school has been NUTS.

I'm so excited for your little guy to come! Have you guys picked out a name yet, or are you waiting to see what best fits him? :) I just can't wait to see pictures of him!

Erica said...

Yea for Lisa!!!!! Please tell her congratulations and give her a big hug from me. :^) I can't wait to see the dress and all the fun pictures!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

B - Yes, blogspot does have a privacy feature where you have to invite people to join and then they have to login using their own unique username and password. It's worked out great for so many of my friends. You should totally start a wedding blog on blogspot. I love having mine.

We haven't come to a solid conclusion on the name. I and kinda funny that way. I want to see what he looks like after he comes out before giving him a name. I probably won't be nearly as picky the next time but for some reason I feel a lot of pressure for the first kiddo.

I've already told Bran we have to take the laptop with us to the hospital so we'll post pictures right away. He's also got to have it for school there so I might as well enjoy it too.

E - We'll do. I am excited to see the dress too. I wish she would hurry up and get me a picture. I guess she took it to the dry cleaners so I might not get to see it for a few more days :-(

Alicia Bunderson said...

Yea for Lisa! Tell her congrats! I wish that I had a fast engagement like that! I would have loved it...but oh well!!