Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our Baby



We finally had the chance to go in and see our Baby. It was such a lot of fun! I could have stayed there for 3-4 hours just watching our new little one move all around. Thanks Jenni for the suggestion of eating chocolate. The baby absolutely adored that yummy stuff. We were very fortunate to be able to have our BIG ultrasound at Utah Valley Regional Hospital. They did a fantastic job and were very investigative in all the measurements that they took. Their measurements say we've got a big baby on it's way. Our little one is measuring 10 days bigger then normal. I'm so happy. Right now all I want is a happy, healthy full term baby.


12 comments:

Alli said...

Yeah for Baby BOY!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I am just so excited for you guys!!! I can't hardly wait to see my new nephew! The boys are so excited to finally have boy cousin on this side.. Kiersten is excited to have a baby around!!! YEAH!!! we love you!

abby said...

boys are fun! congrats congrats!

Erica said...

Yea! Congratulations!!!!! What an awesome video! :^)

nora.lakehurst said...

Ok I am so awesome. I totally knew it was a boy when I saw "IT" WOW I am so happy for you guys. Boys are so much fun. You should name him Karl after me ;) JK no I am really excited and you HAVE to let me come to your shower even though I am moving okay.
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY I am jummping up and down YEHAW!!!
And I am happy that HE is healthy YIPPIE!!!!
Oh and i loved the sucking of the thumb what a cute picture.

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Thanks so much everyone! We are both so excited too! I really wanted to give Brandon a son first and I'm so glad that Heavenly Father let me fulfill this wish.

For sure Nora you'll be on my list of shower invites. I'm so happy that you get a house of you own soon.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! LAURIE! :D I am SO happy for you guys!! I'm visiting w/ my mom in Winnipeg and we were just oohing and ahhing and cooing over your sweet ultrasound video with all those lovely (and such CLEAR!) images of the babe. We are both just so happy for you. What a sweet little boy! Will you be getting a 3-d ultrasound? Those are so neat... I'm glad that all is well. I can't wait to hear what names you two are thinking of!

Cammi said...

congratulations! such a fun video and i totally guessed it before it typed "boy" on the screen!

we are so happy for you! good luck with everything :)

Jenni said...

Yeah for boys and I bet you are so relieved to know, Lauri that you wont be beheaded because you are providing a son!! So exciting! He looks so healthy . . .was he actually sucking his thumb? So cute! I'm so happy for you guys. It is always such a relief to see your baby and know that everything is ok! ANd it always amazes me how they can measure and know kind of the size of the baby and what his heart rate is! It is just amazing! Congratulations!!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Yes Jenni our boy was sucking his thumb. I thought it was darling too. The part that really got me crying was the little foot. He is just such a miracle.

Becky - yeah for being able to visit with your Mom. I am soooo happy for you! 3d pictures of the babe would be so darling. Regrettably they cost an "arm and a leg" out here :-( I don't mind too much though. I'd rather spend that $ on baby clothes instead.

cl said...

congratulations! it is super fun having a boy first...i never had a big brother and always wanted one, so i totally know how you and brandon feel. we are so happy to know everything is going well for you guys! congrats!

Alicia Bunderson said...

Congrats you two we are so so so excited for a new nephew!! and for someone to take on the name of Thomas!!

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Hey guys congrats! You totally wanted a boy even- that's great!