Friday, July 25, 2008

Our 24th of July fun

Yesterday my extended family had a fun-filled holiday celebration together. It started at the Major's backyard pool with 25 or so of us there. We spent over an hour enjoying the water and splashing around. Then it was dinner at Grandmas (thank you Aunt Laurie and Aunt Janine for the yummy food) and lastly fireworks. It was so nice to get together with as many of the family members as possible - especially the Dabbs family from Alaska.


This is Amy - Laurie Ann's sister. She recently got a new job and she's loving it.


This is Kent - Laurie Ann's brother. He just turned 18 and will be shipping off to join the Army in 3 weeks. He won't be around to see our baby but we look forward to having him home for Christmas. Go Kent!


This is Bran, Lar, and numerous cousins in the background. The pool was so big and relaxing. Thank you Majors for your hospitality.


A picture of me with our baby. I will be forever grateful that I was able to find a one-peice maternity swimsuit. I love it.

9 comments:

Erica said...

I didn't know Kent was going into the army!?!? Where will he be going off to? And for how long?

Cute pictures! :^)

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Kent's headed to Georgia for boot camp and then he's go to Tennessee for specialized training. It wants to be a computer techie for the army. It came as a surprise to all of us, but we're proudly supporting him. He'll come home for Christmas and then again in April to prepare for his mission.

Anonymous said...

Fun pix girl! Who'd you get to take them? LOL Your blog is always such a blast! You guys rock!

-Lis

Alicia Bunderson said...

Whats wrong a a bikini Laurie? Come on your pregnant belly is so cute!!

Alli said...

I am glad you guys had fun! I totally have forgotten my camera the last few days.. It makes me so mad. Glad you had fun!! and Laurie, Your so dang cute!!

Erica said...

Fun for him! I wish him luck! :^)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! You look so cute pregnant :) I'm way happy for you guys.

AND I HAD NO IDEA KENT WAS GOING INTO THE ARMY EITHER!!! Wow...and he looks so old, lol. In my mind he is still about 12 ;) and Alex is about 8 or so. Gosh, how time flies...

nora.lakehurst said...

YAy for one piece bathing suits. You look so cute. I NEVER took a pic of me while prego and i regret it. Also I wonder if you got my message. Anyways i will talk to you later.

Jenni said...

How is it swimming pregnant? I never was brave enough, but I hear it is wonderful because it takes the strain off! I'm glad you had such a fun time!