I'm stumped. In just over 4 months our little boy will make his arrival and I haven't even figured out how to decorate his room. Since we'll be students again next month I'm going to have to do all my decorating on a very strict budget. Does anyone have ideas on to share with me? Since we're in an apartment I can't paint the walls. I've wondered about making our own large frames out of molding, what do you think?
I've also been wondering if anyone has found "wonderful treasures" at stores like Kid to Kid or others that sell used products. My brain is just spinning with the overwhelming duty of this task.
8 comments:
Hey Laurie Ann! My little bro and his wife had a strict budget for their daughter and found all the baby furniture for a great deal on KSL classifieds and craigslist. A lot of people buy things and have the baby and realize their kid hates it, or some even have stories of having the other gender. Is Brandon going back to school? If so, what is he studying?
What a good idea. I haven't even thought about ksl.com. Yep, Bran's going back to school. This time it's a MBA. It's been so nice to have a couple weeks break. It's going to be hard to have him studying again. Ah well, in the long run it will be better. Thxs so much for the suggestion!
I am not much help. I had of course, winnie the pooh theme with Ty. Because of my love for Disney.. Zack really didn't have a theme and of course, Kiersten was Princess Disney. It never has to be alot of money. When you figure out a name, they have very cute letter's that you can decorate that spell his name. That is always cute! Sorry I am not much help! My sister in law loves Kid to Kid and got alot of her stuff there when she had her first.
Wall Decals are a quick and easy way to help decorate, with either wall art or lettering. And since you are renting, this is perfect! If you have any questions, just let me know or you can look through our website at www.scribbleitonline.com
You know what is cute get some dollar store frames. Paint them colors like Bold red, blue,yello, orange then put Black and white photo's of you and your DH and then your baby. It is really cute. Then if you want a Theme Trains and Cars are way easy to do. I am better at explaining this in person. So if you want help just come on over.
Thanks bunches both Cammi and Nora. Those are both great suggestions. I'll check them out.
OK I saw the cutest thing ever. Find baby animal pictures. (target and craft stores have some.) It was a baby animal zoo theme. IT was so CUTE!!!! It has very soft green, blues, yellows and brown in it. SUper super cute. And I bet you can find some stuff at the dollar store too.
We should go shopping and look for some. Whatta think???
I would love to go shopping!!! What a terrific idea, and it sounds so adorable. I would love a Zoo theme. Let's set something up once your all settled in your new "pad".
Post a Comment