Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Some of Luke's adventures

I started the garden really late this year, but I convinced Luke to help me so it will be ok. We have 6 spots of cucumbers and one tomato plant. It's about all I can managed this year. I water each spots once a day, so I'm hoping to see tiny green things coming up soon. 

On my Monday morning walk I noticed these cute Lego minifigs on a nearby mailbox. It made me so happy. I would love to go and see Toy Story #5 as the boys really loved those movies/characters when they were little. Anytime I see Toy Story stuff I immediately zoom back to many happy memories. It was a great way to start the beginning of a new week. 

Luke and I are trying to get out and do more things together. On July 4th he asked me to take him over to UVU and show him around. He said he wanted to know more about how college works because he doesn't know anything. It was fun to walk around and share with him many happy memories of when Bran and I were here. They have a done a lot of construction, but I still recognize most of campus. Luke thought the west side ponds were pretty cool. We saw a family of ducks which was pretty fun. 

When we got home from UVU Luke said he would be willing to learn how to make hamburgers. I was super excited. He didn't even get grossed out and need to wear gloves. He also is trying out new food. This week he tried onions, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, apricots, mandarin oranges, plums, and kidney beans. He thought most of the things were boring and didn't taste amazing, but he said he would be willing to eat them again. Happy, happy, happy!

No comments: