I was frustrated this week with the outside of my house. It's a little blah - especially after the nearby neighbors completely redid their yard. They even put adorable shutters up. I decided to try and see what suggestions the internet had for making my front porch cute. I like the green door a lot better than the black, but I love all the plants so much. It would be so amazing to be able to have a front yard that looked like this. Maybe overtime it would become outdated, so I shouldn't feel bad I have no money to do such things.
Lisa Harrison asked me if I wanted her to come over and help me put in my fairy garden. I have been so unmotivated to do anything in the yard. But, I got excited that she suggested such a thing. We ended up having a very lovely chit chat while I weeded the garden, and then put the fairies in it. I also decided to go to IFA and see if they had any flowers. Thankfully, they had tiny red/white geraniums for just .99 so I bought an entire flat. Now, my front garden bed looks a little more happy.
I felt like I was at Walmart a million times this week to pick up one or two little things each time. One of the times I went I saw these shoes. They look like shoes Larry would wear and I just had to take a minute in the store aisle to grieve him not being here. We are coming up on 2 years of him being gone, and I can feel it deep in my bones. It's awful. I'm working on a project to submit for the fair. It's a little corn husk doll that will be holding an American flag. I spent a lot of time fighting with the flag to make it work. It's been annoying. Hopefully, I can get it finished today. It really helped when I found some star shaped fabric at Hobby Lobby. That way I didn't need to embroider stars on what I was trying to work with.
I took this last picture at the library. For the 250th celebration they have a place to write down what you want for American in the next 250 years. This one was so cute and funny. I too have fond memories of Toys "R" Us with Peter and Luke. Oh, one more picture..... Yesterday, I saw this shopping cart in the soccer field at the nearby park. I think it's so weird to randomly have there. It feels appropriate to mention that my neighbor also has a Walmart shopping cart in their yard. Maybe it's a thing right now to steal shopping carts and put them random places.












No comments:
Post a Comment