Sunday, September 3, 2023

The agony of Math

Peter is behind in Math - he has been all year. I am hopeful that we will be able to catch up. Here are just a few of the many pictures I have of me "trying" to help him and him just being frustrated. 




Last night we did have a little better success. I found that if he works out the problem in his workbook at the same time I'm doing the same problem he is able to be more confident in doing the calculations. In fact, we had a blast last night and it was a bit of a race to see who could complete the problem first. I am thankful that I love this type of math! Hopefully, I'll always be able to be his math tutor. It might get to the point where I have to jump ahead on his online school account so I can learn the material before I have to help him. I can totally see myself doing it. I've always considered Algebra to be similar to a complicated dance. If you don't get the right steps, in the right order, you end up tripping up and looking dumb. Hopefully Peter and I can work well together to prevent that from happening. 


No comments: