Wednesday, January 4, 2023

BofM

After I finished reading the Book of Mormon on Christmas Eve, Peter and I were talking about it. He asked me how many times I had read the book. I didn't know for sure at the time and guessed it was somewhere around 15 times. I was a little bit off, but not by much. It's nice that I had the foresight as a 14 year old to start writing it down. 


Looking it up made me pause and ponder the significance of the number. As I've thought about it, it's not necessarily the number, but the hours of study the number represents and the special sacred moments I've had because of those hours. 

I know that the Book of Mormon is a true record of the Nephite and Jaredite people. They lived, loved, and died the same way I am doing today. They felt what I felt, were even braver than I am, and worshiped the Lord like I do. One day, I hope to be able to do as they did in 3 Nephi 17:10. As I recently told a friend - I do all that I do because I know Jesus Christ is my Savior, Redeemer, and Lord.



No comments: