When the government said they would send money I started thinking what I should use it for. I ended up doing a bunch of things for the boys plus put most in the savings accounts I opened for the boys. Then, I decided I needed to do something for myself.
When I look at myself in the mirror everyday I notice my teeth shifting and sliding around. It has bothered me for a few years and I finally decided it was time to do something about it. I shopped around and in the end went back to the same Orthodontist that did my first round of braces.
The instant I walked into the office I felt right at home. It was in that office where I came as a newly wed and left with a 2 month old baby. So many, many memories. The doctor was also so kind and caring. He actually took the time to look in my mouth three times during my consultation. He then gave me a discount just because and then I got another discount for paying in full. It was still expensive.....but, it will be worth it. He also said the next retainer will be better and gripping my teeth into place.
I've almost had them a week. It's been a huge adjustment. It hurts.....and it's horrible to eat food. The boys are always teasing me about all the food that gets stuck. My one saving grace is that they are only partial braces.....just 8 teeth on the top. With any luck I will be done in 9 months. My next appointment is in June. That's awesome because at that time I'll just have 7 months left. WAHOO!


No comments:
Post a Comment