Sunday, December 20, 2020

Early Mornings


This is what I look like at 2:45am every weekday morning. It's amazing what a bit of lipstick can do to one's face. That and my ratty pajama shirt turned backward. I think it's funny that I never started wearing lipstick on a regular basis until I started working for Qkids. 

This past week I got notification that my 3rd contract will be up soon and they will be evaluating me. I'm not worried about getting renewed. Qkids is a great company and the value their teachers. Each contract is 6 months long. It astounds me that I've been doing this for nearly 18 months. It's been such a learning and growing process. I am a better person from having this job. 

This past week I taught 29 class which included 73 adorable children. The youngest was 4 and the oldest was 12. I never know before getting into the class what I will get. Each child has their own unique personality/needs and you can quickly adjust your teaching style depending on what their need are. This week I even taught a cat that decided to sit right in front of the student's camera. It was a happy, healthy long-haired orange cat. Pretty funny!

No comments: