Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning came WAY too fast. I could have used another week to enjoy the season. 

On Christmas evening, our mistering family (Brother & Sister Raymond) came and shared with us the Nativity Story from Luke 2. It was absolutely beautiful. Luke had wanted to go to bed at 6pm so he wouldn't have to participate. Then, after they came and were here for a while, he slowly came sneaking down the stairs. I was so thankful he decided to join us. Instead of just reading from Luke 2, Brother Raymond made it more of a story with discussion questions. It was absolutely beautiful. I didn't want the evening to end. Brother Raymond does a great job of drawing out Peter and getting him to answer questions. It was awesome! 

After they left I had the boys put their stockings where they wanted their gifts and then we all went off to bed. It was just after 8pm. Around 11:30 both Luke and I got up to use the potty. I stayed up until I was sure Luke was back asleep and then I went downstairs and put out all the gifts. There were so many generous people that provided me with gift cards and gifts. So, the majority of the gifts were not paid for with my funds. It was a Christmas to remember. 





I set my alarm 10 minutes early so I could get the stockings all stuffed. Thankfully, it went quickly and I was able to be ready for my class at 2:45am. I was in the groove and teaching perfectly when Peter comes stumbling out of his room. It was 3:30am. Ugh.....my boys are the WORST about sleeping on Christmas Day. Luke wasn't much better - he was up at 4am. The were both so anxious to get their gifts open yet they had to wait until I was done with my 5 classes.

By 6:05 we were each ready. The boys dug into quickly and everything was open by 6:10. Luke is very difficult to get pictures of because he is always moving. He really loves the UVU hoodie though - and the potato chips made him super happy. He ate them for Breakfast. 


Peter was thrilled with the Marvel blanket that I made for him. He was surprised. He said "Hey, it's what I asked for". I was so glad I was able to do it for him. 

                                                          

Later in the day I took the boys over to Brandon's place where they spent the rest of the day. Peter received Rollerblades. He has been wearing them all the time. He hurt his elbow on the first day and it has really been bothering him. So much so that I gave his adult Ibuprofen for the first time ever. He swallowed it down like a pro. Last night he told me that his bottom was really hurting too. He is determined to learn thought and he goes out multiple times a day. Thank goodness there isn't any snow.

Luke got a few video games. It has made him excited about Pokémon again and he has requested that I play it with him for at least an hour every day. So far, I've made it a priority to do so. 

It was a very memorable Christmas day and entire December. So many people shared goodness with us and I will never, ever forget their goodness. This Christmas could have been so very sad and hard, but wasn't because of the generosity of so many friends, strangers, and Christmas Angels. 



1 comment:

Deslie said...

Thanks for sharing your happy Christmas. It looks like you were overwhelmed with love. 💕😊