Today was such an amazing day! This was the first time that the boys left to go to Brandon's house for the entire weekend. I was determined not to have a pity party with lots of bawling while they were gone. So, I taught more classes then normal and my friends made it a priority to get me out of the house.
My sweet neighbor, Lisa, got me out of the house at 8am (before it got so HOT - Utah in July) and we picked up smoothies and drove down to the Payson temple. She knows this place has my soul and heart. We walked,talked, and laughed. Then, I took her past the house, and then down to Spring Lake. It was such a delight to talk, laugh, and cry with her.
I then came home for a few hours and spent some time chillin' (taking a nap). It was just what I needed. Then, I zipped up to Draper to meet this dear friend - Erica. She and I go WAY back - like early teenage years.
We met at the Draper City Park. This park is a great one. Plenty of play areas and shade trees. It was a bit on the breezy side as you can tell in this snap chap photo.
This is the most popular place in this park. This massive tree is called "The Tree of Life" It's so beautiful and offers so much shade. At Christmas time people come to the park to see the lights that have been spread across it's gigantic frame. Hopefully, I will make it a priority to take the boys to see it this next winter.
After spending a few hours in the shade talking we stopped by Leatherby's, which was just down the road for an early dinner. Yes, we did wear our masks until our food arrived. With the number of positive cases at 676 today I carry my mask with me and use it whenever I near others.
The food here was absolutely amazing! I love that it tasted like food I would have prepared at home. Even the cheese on those fries tasted like the cheddar cheese I have in my fridge. Sadly, I forgot to get a picture of my ice cream. It was equally amazing though. It had pralines and caramel sauce on top pf vanilla icecream with was served in a waffle bowl. I happily snarfed it all down.
This is a day I will always remember. It was amazing and just what I needed. Good friends help me realize the multitude of blessings that I have.

No comments:
Post a Comment