Friday, August 16, 2019

Church History Museum in SLC

The boys have never been to Temple Square in Salt Lake City. I decided they were old enough to enjoy parts of it, and with school coming up I thought it would be a super good experience.

We met our dear friends - the Taggarts up there and had a marvelous day. Our visit reminded me how amazing those pioneers were. Touring the Conference Center was also very inspiring and amazing. It was just the trip I needed before the chaos of a school year begins.
















It's makes me so sad because everything on the actual block of Temple Square will be closed starting in December for a MAJOR renovation. They are making all the buildings earthquake proof and doing other renovation projects. It will take four long years. Earlier in the week I went with some sister in our ward to do a temple session. I'm so glad I made that a priority. This early pioneer temple and the surrounding buildings are such a testimony to me of their hard work, perseverance, and tribute to us, their descendants.


No comments: