At the beginning of the month the boys and I went over to the school to turn in some paperwork. Since we were there, we wandered around and found a few of the teachers rooms. We didn't know who their teachers would be yet, so we just snapped pictures of all of the third and fifth grade rooms.
Luke is so lucky this year. His teacher is Mr. Brace. He is originally from England and he still has an accent. I know Luke will have a blast. He was able to meet his teacher at back to school night. Sadly, Mr. Brace hadn't yet put name tags on desks. So, Luke wasn't exactly sure where to sit. But, he was VERY excited to have chicken nuggets for lunch today. I really hope his school lunch account went thru in time for him to eat. I sent him with some cash just in case. But....I really don't know how Luke will handle the unpredictable crowds and chaos. He happily walked to school this morning, so I was super amazed about that. He didn't want to go, but once we started he was happy about it. I think it helped that he had my undivided attention to talk all about Pokemon for the 15 minutes it took for us to slowly walk there.
Peter's teacher this year is Mrs. Herrmann. He is just thrilled to have amazing friend (Talmadge) in the same class with him. I bet a lot of the kids will think they are twins. On the day of back-to-school, Brandon took off work and came with us so he could meet the teachers too and see their classrooms. He was such an awesome Dad and even filled out paperwork. Peter chose to take a lunch from home on the first day. He was so nervous about school this morning that he couldn't eat anything. I hope he doesn't get too hungry.
While the boys were away I shampooed carpets, laundry, dishes, and made blackberry fruit leather. It was a bit more time consuming because I used a berry strainer to take out all the seeds. I hope Peter will like it enough to eat some of it for his school lunches. I also ran to the library to take back some books, and zipped over to Walmart to try and buy a light for my Qkids job. They didn't have it, so I came home and ordered it online. The rest of the day was extremely boring and I spent it counting down the moments until these two came home. Thank goodness for early out day. How am I going to survive this school year?



No comments:
Post a Comment