My friend and I, along with our kids, had an absolute blast. This is something we will do every year from now on. My kids were literally begging to go to camp every single morning. I almost didn't know whose children they were.
Each day was so organized and the kids would rotate every 20 minutes. There was a good mixture of learning via a lecture and then movements time. It was absolutly fabulous. I wish next years patriot camp was already here.
Both my boys thought that Benjamin Franklin was so amazing. I appreciated the huge boat they brought in for a reenactment of the Boston Tea Party. I don't think my boys will ever forget throwing the tea overboard. One day they even had a printing press on site and the kids helped to print the constitution. I paid just over $50 for the entire week for all three of us. Money well spent for all the fun and knowledge they gained.
| Our daily schedule |
| Luke T, with Seth & Aurora C (fabulous friends). |
| It was held at the Payson Memorial Park. These trees were heavenly. They provided so much shade and crated a fabulous ambiance. |
| Our daily snack station all setup. |
| Making butter for our snack. It took forever to make, but it will be a fun memory. |
Most days the kids would eat their snack faster then 20 minutes so my friend Jenny and I would come up with other things to do. On the day that their snack was apple pie we had them play Simon Said but they had to saw Johnny Appleseed instead. It was hilarious. On the day we made butter I found a little song colonial kids used to sing while they were churning. It went like this:
Come butter come
Come butter come
Peters standing at the gate
Waiting for his buttered cake
Come butter come
I found it in a book that was published in the 1700's. It was kinda fun that it actually used the name Peter. My Peter thought that was amazing. There were over 90 kids that attended. I think the majority of them are being home schooled. It was fun to meet new friends and see a few familiar faces. I'm already planning on volunteering next year too because I had just as much fun as the kids did.
No comments:
Post a Comment