On one of the local homeschool groups a mom posted about her parents needing help with their Apricot harvest. They wouldn't be able to harvest their trees this year and wondered if any local homeschool families would like to come and pick. As soon as I saw her post I was 100% in. My boys love picking things. This particular farm is at the base of West Mountain so we drove down to Payson this morning for an adventure. Funny thing - it took us longer for us to drive out there then it did to pick the fruit. I knew there loads of families coming so we took a small amount. It was such a fun thing to do and the kids loved it. I was ready to quit the city life and move to the country after our time there. I often feel that I'm doing my boys a disservice by raising them in the city. Plus, nothing can compare to the views out there. It was incredible.
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Apricots!
On one of the local homeschool groups a mom posted about her parents needing help with their Apricot harvest. They wouldn't be able to harvest their trees this year and wondered if any local homeschool families would like to come and pick. As soon as I saw her post I was 100% in. My boys love picking things. This particular farm is at the base of West Mountain so we drove down to Payson this morning for an adventure. Funny thing - it took us longer for us to drive out there then it did to pick the fruit. I knew there loads of families coming so we took a small amount. It was such a fun thing to do and the kids loved it. I was ready to quit the city life and move to the country after our time there. I often feel that I'm doing my boys a disservice by raising them in the city. Plus, nothing can compare to the views out there. It was incredible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment