Tuesday, March 19, 2019

BattleCreek Falls with snow

On Monday we had the time to go up to Pleasant Grove. We had some time to "kill" and I decided to take the boys up to Battle Creek Falls. I thought it would be a fun and enjoyable hike. It was but....there was snow!

The first part was perfect, even if it was a bit muddy, but then we started hiking on snow. It was slushy, melting, and then quite slippery. This time we only felt confident until we reached the little pond. The boys were perfect even hiking in shorts, but coming down it got a bit treacherous. At one point Peter decided to slide down on his bottom since his shoes had no traction.

Even with the snow, it was a fun hike. We even saw a beautiful butterfly. I had no idea butterflies would be out this early in the spring.








No comments: