Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The Garden



A few days after returning home from Missouri, we planted our annual garden. This year, the boys are able to each have their own garden box, plus the two other plots we have in other areas of the yard. They were so excited when we went to IFA earlier in the spring and bought them seeds.

Every Saturday morning they spend 10 minutes weeding their garden. Their plants have grown from teeny, tiny to medium size. We managed to setup a sprinkling system just for them, so I don't ever worry about them getting water. It's been heavenly.

Peter has tomatoes and carrots in this garden box. Plus, big pumpkins in the area by our garbage can.

Luke has peppers, cherry tomatoes, and baby pumpkins growing off the end of this box. He also has sunflowers and cucumber in his other garden area.

While I don't have any garden boxes for myself this year, my flower beds have kept me busy. I've found great satisfaction in seeing Peter and Luke become gardeners this year. I hope they will always be excited about gardening. 

No comments: