Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Frozen Falls

A week or so ago, one of the homeschool Mom's that I follow online mentioned that she had taken her kids to Bridal Veil Falls. I've been wanting to go ever since. We had a few hours with no commitments this afternoon, so we loaded the car and went. 

As typical, the boys were crabby and whiny for most of the hike to the falls. Then, they decided to be happy. The threw rocks in the water, found sticks, and tried to be sneaky in general. It was a warm down down in the valley, but up by the falls is was FREEZING!




The falls were so amazingly beautiful. I am in awe every time we drive through Provo canyon to see it. It was even more amazing to spend the time going right up to where it starts.







We also saw this darling old house that is literally right by the waters edge on the other side of the walking path. Brandon, or course, had to tell the boys all about the wicked witch that must live there. All I could think of was perhaps the pioneer family that raised their children on the fish they could from the river. I can't wait to go back and wander around some more. But, if we go back in the winter I'm hauling all the winter clothes with us.


1 comment:

Alli said...

I LOVE THAT PLACE. so pretty! LOOKS LIKE you guys were cold. I love the boys faces!