We host an annual Thomas side Halloween Party. This time, I decided to really dress up. I worked on this costume for a few weeks, and I think it turned out perfect. I ordered the dress from Walmart, but of course, it was made in China. So.....it wasn't long enough for a 5'7" American lady. I fixed it by whipping together a very quick underskirt made of tulle.
Then, I knew I wanted to buy some high heels (I don't own a single pair), but I didn't want to spend much money. We got lucky and the day the boys and I went they had this Size 11 Wide pair for only $8. They will forever be in my closet now.
Peter was going to be Professor Quirrel from Harry Potter, but once we got out the costume box from the shed he decided that he wanted to be Jack Sparrow instead. You can't tell from this picture, but he cut his hair to accommodate your ability to see the scar on his forehead. I still haven't decided what to do about fixing it. It looks fine as long as he has gel in it, but he doesn't often let me add gel to his hair.
Luke was easy, as always. He wanted to be a skeleton. I already had the bones and the sweat suit. The only problem is that the stitches come apart really fast with all his moving/dancing/jumping around. Oh well, we just have to make it through Halloween night.
We had a simple dinner and then mostly chatted the night away. For some reason, we didn't plan to do as many things as we have in the past. I guess it's what we all needed because everyone had a marvelous time regardless.
No comments:
Post a Comment