It was fun to pull out all my pioneer treasures. I have so many wonderful memories of from that time in my life. Sadly, I also remember how horrible it is to have present in the middle of July. The heat is just so awful! Thankfully, we were in the shade for this entire presentation. The kids ate "homemade" (aka Walmart) ice cream, made butter, and assembled edible covered wagons. I had them for 2 hours and they were so funny. At one point, one of the boys asked me when we were going to do something active. It was so funny. Thankfully, the pioneer games were active enough for him.
Saturday, July 22, 2017
Pioneer Day Activity
A friend, and neighbor, decided to organize summer activities for the kids in our area. She asked different parents if they would be willing to put together an activity they were comfortable teaching. I decided to teach about the Utah pioneers. Many years ago, my family would do this type of thing for school groups and the general public. Mostly in the month of July.
It was fun to pull out all my pioneer treasures. I have so many wonderful memories of from that time in my life. Sadly, I also remember how horrible it is to have present in the middle of July. The heat is just so awful! Thankfully, we were in the shade for this entire presentation. The kids ate "homemade" (aka Walmart) ice cream, made butter, and assembled edible covered wagons. I had them for 2 hours and they were so funny. At one point, one of the boys asked me when we were going to do something active. It was so funny. Thankfully, the pioneer games were active enough for him.
Instead of having me do all the talking I let each child take turns picking one thing they wanted to know about. These were all the items they asked about.
It was fun to pull out all my pioneer treasures. I have so many wonderful memories of from that time in my life. Sadly, I also remember how horrible it is to have present in the middle of July. The heat is just so awful! Thankfully, we were in the shade for this entire presentation. The kids ate "homemade" (aka Walmart) ice cream, made butter, and assembled edible covered wagons. I had them for 2 hours and they were so funny. At one point, one of the boys asked me when we were going to do something active. It was so funny. Thankfully, the pioneer games were active enough for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment