Sunday, July 9, 2017

It's beginning to look a lot like....

SCHOOL STARTING!

I have been planning on what we would do this next school year ever since we got out for summer break. It's so true, that as a homeschool Mom, you are also planning, researching, hunting for the best curriculum out there for your kid.

I am starting the boys on August 1st, again, this year. I love starting that early because we are all tired of the hot summer days. Then, we can take off most of the month of December. Most of their friends are also busy during the mornings which is when we get the bulk of our school work done.

This is the school schedule I've come up with this year. It looks scary, but I promise it isn't. Some of those subjects will just be once a week. Also, for our technology class this year we are going to teach the boys about Engineering. I asked Brandon if he would take over this subject, so we'll see what he comes up with. We will probably do this class on Monday nights (for FHE), or on Saturdays. I'm excited to have him be a coteacher this year.


This is the stack of some of the curriculum we will be using. At least, these are the daily things we will be going though. I have another stack tucked away behind a couch. I am seriously running out of room with all these books! Secretly, I enjoy it though. There is something thrilling about spending hours and hours searching for curriculum, then buying it, using it, and seeing it work. There is no better feeling for a dedicated homeschool mommy.

No comments: