Sunday, July 16, 2017

An update on piano lessons

Luke had his first complete meltdown over playing the piano this week. It was awful. With tears streaming down his face, he told me that he wasn't any good at playing the piano and that he wanted to quit. I remember going through really rough patches with Peter too, so I patiently helped him to see how good he really is at playing. He is the child that will just sit down and plunk at the notes when he is bored. I love it.

I snapped these pictures of them both doing their piano theory books. I am learning right along side them as I peek over their shoulders. I have enjoyed it. I even played one of Peter's very simplified songs the other day. It was enjoyable.



Peter was also pretty sure that he was never going to be able to figure out how to play this song. But, within a week he had it memorized. It's so fun to hear him playing it at random times of the day over and over again. His goal is to keep playing it faster and faster. I love to just sit and watch his fingers skim over the keys.  


No comments: