Brandon's grandfather served in World War II in some very big battle. After his death, the family discovered his journals and it really is amazing that he even survived the war when the vast majority of men that served with him didn't.
As a tribute to him, and many other soldiers who gave their life for our country, I am teaching my boys to be patriotic. This year for Veterans Day we didn't get a flag in our yard from the scout groups in our neighborhood. It was sad because we typically recite the Pledge of Alliance outside on the days they bring it to our yard. Since we didn't, we made a trip to our city cemetary and visited the Veterans Monument they have there. It is a touching memorial and I shed a few tears as I pondered on the sacrifice so many young men and woman give/gave.
Before leaving we made sure to do the Pledge of Alligence with the flag they luckily had waving proudly there. I will be forever grateful for the blessing I have to live in the USA and those who serve to keep wickedness and destruction from consuming our nation.
No comments:
Post a Comment