Sunday, August 7, 2016

Temple Trips

This week I attended the temple twice on back-to-back nights. I've never done that before. Our RS planned a night to go on Thursday. We ended up at the Provo Temple. It was very enjoyable to do a session with these great ladies in my ward.
Janelle Christensen, Jenette Houguaard, Me, Marci Smyth
The next evening I traveled down to Payson in a rain storm to attend the temple there. I was hoping/praying to get into the session that my Dad would be helping out in. He was given a new assignment and this was his first night fulfilling it. When I got to the temple HUGE drops of rain were falling. I thought maybe it would pass if I stayed a few minutes in my car, but it never did. I ended up looking like a wet dog with water running down me. It was pretty funny, but so worth it to be in such a beautiful building. As luck would have it, when I walked into the room there was my Dad dressed all in white. It was the most amazing sight ever! It really was like being in heaven. I am so thankful for that tender mercy from Heavenly Father. While we couldn't communicate verbally during the session, we did do a lot of smiling at each other. I am so thankful for such a great example of righteousness.



By the time the session was ended 2.5 hours later, the sun was out and the sky was beautiful. That is one thing you can always count on living in Utah. If you don't like the weather at the moment, just wait awhile and it will change.

No comments: