I decided to start the boys on August 1st. We have had a break since the beginning of May (when we took off for London), and we are all craving some structure in our lives. I've been preparing for weeks, and I was so happy for the date to finally arrive. The boys, of course, were super excited as well. They mostly were excited to use the new Legos I bought them to help with Math this year.
Our first week went pretty well. The boys both enjoyed their Math textbooks (along with their new Lego's). I am super impressed with Peter. For the most part, he was able to jump right in where we left off in April. He is doing double digit addition with three sets of numbers. He really enjoyed having his legos there to help him. Luke also enjoyed using his legos to model the pictures in his math book. It was fun to see him build a yellow teddy bear wearing a green hat with legos. He did three pages of Math a day, whereas, Peter did 1/2 a page a day since we are having to relearn some of the techniques needed.
We also had fun with science this week. It included learning about light and how energy from the sun can power things.
We also managed to squeeze in a fun lunch date with Luke's favorite friend Jackson, and his nanny (plus my good friend, Rebecca). Luke and Jackson were a bit on the CRAZY side eating their food, but we all had fun regardless.
No comments:
Post a Comment