Earlier this week while getting out of the shower I noticed these Legos spread all over the closet floor. After first getting super annoyed about them being there, I took a mental step back and thought about the fact that my boys are growing up so fast. Just a few short years ago they didn't even own any Legos - not the Legos are threatening to overtake our home.
Over the past week, I've frequently thought about how quickly the boys will leave the nest to create lives of their own. In small moments I am trying to hold on to these kids for just a little bit longer. I have once again made it a priority to "talk" with Luke when putting him to bed. Basically I just sit and listen while he talks to me all about his favorite video games (Lego Marvel Super Heroes). I have also once again started telling Peter made up Toy Story stories before putting him to bed. I'm also trying harder to be more patient with the kids which isn't always an easy thing to do.
However, I do realize that someday I am going to miss reaching for clothes and seeing Super Heroes watching me.
No comments:
Post a Comment