Thursday, January 28, 2016

5 year old adventure

When our first son was born the hubby told me he would be taking him to Disneyland when he turned 5 years old. I thought he was crazy. Who makes that a priority just after their first child is born. Plus, at that point I knew there was no way we would be able to afford it when the time came. Well, two years ago he took our oldest, and today he left on the trip with our youngest.

Luke was thrilled a few weeks ago when we took him to pick out a suitcase for the trip. We had a difficult time finding a suitcase that didn't feel cheap. Finally went to Kohl's and had many options to choose from. Luke knew the exact one that he wanted right away. He has had it packed with numerous things over the past few weeks, but yesterday afternoon we packed it for real.

While it is difficult to be away for the kid and hubby, it was a bonding experience for Peter, and I have no doubt it will be a bonding experience for Luke too. I am thankful that financially we've been able to make these trips a priority. We really are so blessed. I hope they take some great pictures and have a delightful time.





No comments: