Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ward Choir





When we moved into our home, I decided it was time to start attending ward choir again. I was a dedicated attendee in my teenage years (when Brandon was the choir pianist), but having kids put my love of choir on hold for a while.

Then, when our Bishop wisely called Brother Martin to be the choir director, I resolved to start attending again. In the two years since he has been the director, we have sung so many wonderful songs. I love the peaceful feeling that comes into my heart when I attend ward choir.

This past Sunday we preformed this lovely rendition of A Child's Prayer. We had only been practicing it for a few weeks, yet the performance turned out perfect (although we had our doubts just 30 minutes before Sacrament meeting).

Part of the words in this song say:

He is there
He is listening
His love surrounds you

I haven't been able to get these words out of my head. They are such a tender reminder to me that God and Jesus Christ love me. At times, I feel like nobody loves me (ridiculous, I know) and these words confirm to my soul that I am loved.

A week or so ago my Mother-in-law shared this quote by President Benson with me. He said;

“Nothing will surprise us more than when we get to heaven and see the Father and realize how well we know Him and how familiar His face is to us".

I think we will feel the same way when we meet Christ again. I am anxious for that day.



No comments: