Saturday, February 15, 2014

V day at our house

At the beginning of February I received a coupon in the mail for JCPenny. I decided we should use it to buy Brandon's v-day present. That way we could get something a little more expensive, and it would still be within our budget for the holiday ($25 this year). So a week or so ago we went and managed to find him some measuring cups. He has wanted the kind that you can see the measurement just by looking straight down into the cup. Anyway, it's a bit confusing, but he was so excited to get them. I'm excited to have him start using them.

We hand delivered his present to him at work the morning of Valentine's day. He had no idea we were coming, so it was quite a surprise. It was fun to spend some time with him at work. It was also nice to visit his wonderful co-workers and wish them a wonderful day too.



The day before I and my good friend Alicia, spent the morning together making homemade snickers for our husbands. We had so much fun while our three kiddos played happily together. We only had one major disaster, and it didn't take too long for the smoke to clear out of the kitchen. We decided that we make a great team in the kitchen.

Every year for V-day dinner Brandon wants to get KFC chicken. We did it once when Peter was a baby, but we haven't done it since (it makes me feel like a slacker if I don't have a fancy homemade meal on this night). Well, this year I conceded and we bought a bunch of KFC food and came home and ate it. Brandon loved the chicken, Peter loved to mashed potatoes, I loved the biscuits, and Luke loved it all. I think this meal will be our annual tradition from now on.




Being the sweetie that he is, Brandon bought me a box of chocolates and this very soft teddy bear. This is Mr. Teddy #3. He gave me Teddy #1 on the night we were engaged and Teddy #2 when the first one got nasty and old. Anyway, both the boys and I love him. I was especially greatful that Brandon was able to stay within budget for my presents this year. We (I) am really trying hard to cut back on frivolous expenditures this year.


This last picture is just a funny one that happens because I have a house full of boys. Luke did this and it amazes me that he was even able to reach this shelf in the fridge. What a silly boy.

No comments: