Sunday, February 2, 2014

Luke turns 3

This past week Luke turned three and we were all so thrilled. Brandon was able to take the day off work (I'm so thankful he has a job where he can do that), and we all have a marvelous day. Luke opened his presents first thing in the morning and he was thrilled with all of them. I was thankful because we really struggled with what to get him for his birthday this year.




Later that night Grandpa and Grandma Thomas came over to give him their presents and all he wanted to do was show Grandpa how awesome a Superman he was. This is a picture of him trying to show Grandpa what Superman does.

In my journal I wrote down some of his favorite things:

Breakfast every morning is 2 Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwitches (with the crust cut off)
His favorite dinner is Pizza or Chicken Tetrazzini
Loves piggy back rides
Learning how to use sizzors
Gettering better at coloring
Loves to play with kids - especially Connor and Blake
Loves to ride his tigger airplane
Enjoys super heros
Talks, talks, talks, all the time
Getting better at the potty every day
Eats pepporoni as a snack
Double dips when eating peanut butter out of the jar
Loves to drink water and often wakes in the middle of the night wanting more
Loves to wrestle Peter
Still sleeps with Mickey Mouse blankie every night
Loves to eat chips
Is obsessed with dinosours and animals
Loves to take a bath
Stopped taking consistent naps in September

I look forward to a fun filled year with this mischievous little kid. I hope that he will gain more dexterity with a crayon and that he'll be better at recognizing his colors. I am also nervous/excited to see how he responds once I start our homeschooling adventures with Peter. I hope he'll be just as excited as Peter to jump in and learn....but in reality I don't know if he will be able to sit that long. He is an energetic little cutie.

It's amazing to remember what a scared and nervous mommy I was the days following his birth. He had to be in the NICU for two days and I was a wreck about it. He has been such a trooper ever since that day and I'm very grateful that we haven't had any more medical problems.


No comments: