Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hiking the Y

A few weeks ago the Activity Day girls in our ward went on an activity to "Hike the Y". Since I am the Primary counselor that oversees the activity day activities (wow, that's confusing) I followed along and made Brandon come with me (thank you to my sister who watched the boys).

I had dreams of easily hiking up the trail and reveling in the beauty of the valley below. However, my dreams were shattered and I'm literally just glad I made it. It took me almost 1.5 hours to drag my "out of shape" self up this mountain. It was an event that I don't think I'll ever chose to repeat again. However, the girls had a blast and most of them thought it was great. Ah, to be young again....


1 comment:

becca said...

You go girl! It's much harder than I remember it being when I hiked it just a few years ago. Woohoo for you and making it to the top!