Thursday, April 1, 2010

Choices and Peter the Helper

Life is full of choices. Every morning we wake up and decide whether we should get out of bed or roll over and go back to sleep. Well today, I decided to roll over and go back to sleep. We also get to decide what clothes to wear. Yesterday, I didn't do so well in that department and I felt weird all day long. Today I had the choice of doing the dishes or posting to the blog. Obviously, I chose to post to the blog. I love choices.

Today was great because I was able to stay home while Laurie Ann went to get her routine blood work done about which she has been so worked up. I lounged around all morning. After she returned home, I showered and got ready for work. About 11:00 AM we got a phone call from one of my co-workers. She expressed her concern because nobody had heard from me. They had all assumed I hadn't shown up as an April Fool's Joke. To tell you the truth, it was my plan to leave a note on my desk that said, "I quit!" But I forgot. I think that ruined the joke.

Peter excels at one thing, making messes. He can make a mess faster than I can stand up from a sitting position. (I don't stand up very fast, so I guess this isn't a good metaphor. Instead I should say that he can make a mess faster than a frog can eat a fly. That isn't a good metaphor either. However, the metaphor isn't important. The point is, he's fast.) I have watched him move from room to room and leave a disaster in his wake. If there were little people living here and he was a giant, I think all of the little people would be dead. (My metaphors aren't very good today.)

Anyway, today he had one of those clean-up moments. Usually when we ask him to cleanup, he just makes more messes or runs away and laughs. But the following video proves that there is hope. I call this video, "Peter, Peter, Clean Up-inator"



That is all I have for now. I will bore you no longer.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

So funny!! Ella liked the video!

Kaeloni said...

He can come clean up my house anytime!

RoBecky said...

He is so dang cute! Short little arms streeeeeeeetching into the basket to rescue Winnie the Pooh.