It is only Wednesday, but Brandon and I feel like the weekend will never come. For us each day has crawled by at a snails pace. On Monday night and Tuesday night we helped two families move from our apartment complex. We both have stiff joints and sore muscles because both families lived on the third floor. We have another family moving on Friday morning so I'm not sure if we'll be able to help with that one. Thankfully though they live on the second floor if we do end up over there. It was Peters first time helping someone move and he did a great job.
This week we also found out that I made a budget blunder and as a result we got $66 of penalties. Ouch!!! We also found out that Brandon missed the deadline for the $1200 tuition reimbursement program that UVU offers to any employees that are enrolled in an MBA program. Dang! Needless to say, we both are wishing we could go hibernate in a big cavern in the mountains until next year. Anyone want to join us?
9 comments:
oh you guys i'm sorry. Money is a hard thing, its to stressful.
Oh man, I feel your pain.. this week is draging, but I am thinking every week will drag like this until baby girl comes. and money, ugh, Funny thing, I did almost the same thing and messed up this last paycheck.. needless to say, we don't have any money right now.. so frustrating.. MONEY SUCKS!! but, Smile and be happy cause you have a wonderful, beautiful, healthy family! :)
Oh, I'm so sorry! That is just never fun. I'll come hibernate with you.
Oh, dang it!
Is there anyone Brandon could talk to around the university who could maybe slip in his application (or whatever it is they need)? Or is the deadline way come and gone? Sometimes if it's only a few days, or even a week or two, someone can do something about it. It never hurts to ask around, at any rate.
Money does stink. I hope your week starts looking up, though! :)
Also, kudos to you guys for helping those families move! I'm sure they really, really appreciated your generosity.
I just wanted to say a few things to darken it further.
1) I've been incredibly busy with my calling as well, not just moves.
2) With some smooth talking, I got our $66 back.
3) The only way I will get the tuition reimbursement is if someone pulls out of the program.
4) I have to write part of a group research paper and a book report for school. I also have to study for my first final since entering my MBA program.
There is more, but I want to leave something for Lar to write about.
OH. MY. GOSH!!!!
I am so sorry that you guys are having such a crummy week (but WTG Bran on getting the $66 back!).
YOU SERIOUSLY JUST MADE MY LIFE, THOUGH! I am totally jumping around the apartment and doing happy dances. OHHHHHH MY GOSH! I just can't handle it. I am SO excited to see you guys, I can't even tell you. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I'm so glad that you got the card today. It's seriously been sooooo hard not to tell you that we're coming. I am so excited too!!! We needed an excuse to use the passports we got and this is the perfect excuse :-) Yea!!!!
Oh my gosh, you must have been just dying with that information! I would have had the worst time not saying anything! I have really been having a horrible couple of days, and this kind of wonderful news was SO needed, let me tell you! Exclamation point!
I'm doing my best right now to try and find you guys a place to stay w/ family so that you won't have to dole out big bucks for hotels and whatnot. I'm hoping there will be room at a relative of Rob's, but I have to talk to them yet. SQUEE :D
Are you guys planning on driving up or flying?
Yes, it was pure misery not being able to tell you. I am so excited that every night now I dream about the trip up there. From Google Maps is looks sooooo beautiful. We've never really been much out of Utah so we're really excited.
We're going to make a road trip out of it. We are super excited to take the new car and see the sites. Oh heavens, don't worry about asking family to put us up. Bran loves hotels and we're not even worried about the $$$. It's a once-in-a-lifetime vacation and we're so excited to come. Each month for a long time we've been putting some money aside for our "vacation" fund, so we're just going to use that and we'll be aye' okay.
We're planning on arriving on the 21st and leaving on in the am of the 24th so we'll have a bit more time then just Saturday to see you. Eck!!!! Yeehaw! I wish the time would hurry up for our sake so I can see you, but slow down for you so you can get everything done :-)
Post a Comment