For our third anniversary, Brandon, Peter, and I got out of town and enjoyed beautiful St. George this past week. It was soooo beautiful! We went midweek to avoid the spring break crowds and it was so nice and quiet in all the shops and our hotel.
I had a lot of favorite things about this trip. We were able to go shopping at all the Factory stores and this time we got lots of things for Peter. It was so awesome to go into the clothing stores and pick out things for him. We got him the cutest overalls at Osh Kosh and a bunch of sleepers for him at The Children's Place (gotta love $1.99 sales).
We also took Peter swimming in the hotels indoor/outdoor pool. It was so fun to see him enjoying himself. Brandon bought Peter a little turtle floatie and he totally loved it. I'm so excited for our apartment pool to open in May. I know by that time Peter will enjoy swimming even more.
This trip was also very awesome because of our new car. It was amazing the difference a bigger car can make. I was able to take as many things as I wanted to which included lots of clothes for Peter and his play pen. Thankfully he slept in it perfectly throughout the entire trip.
One of the days we were there we took a long walk to the St. George temple. For those of you familiar with the area we parked just off St. George Blvd and Main Street and walked down to the temple. Needless to say, it took us a little over an hour to get there and back, but we loved every second. The 80 degree weather made the walk so enjoyable!
Brandon also made the trip very memorable by giving me a beautiful pearl earring/necklace set. Oh, it is sooo beautiful! He was so sneaky about this gift - I had no idea he had bought it even though the box was sitting in plain site in our office for weeks (gotta love Valentine Day sales). Thank you so much honey!
Coming home was sad, but necessary. I think living down in Dixie would almost be the best thing ever. Today we had a special combined sacrament meeting for church and we got news that we are now in the Pleasant Grove 5th ward instead of the Thorneberry Branch. It will mean that Brandon won't be teaching Sunday School (so sad), but we are excited to see all the changes that will be happening. Our upstairs neighbor got called to be the 1st counselor so I don't think we'll be able to "hide" very well. Ah well, it will all work out I'm sure.
4 comments:
St. George is a fun get a way for sure. I love the warm weather! I'm glad that my bro. was somewhat romantic and gave you a gift! you deserve it!
Oh I LOVE st. George and am sad that this year I wont be going down there at all! :( I guess I shouldn't say at all.. maybe sometime after baby girl is born I will be able too! :) I am glad that my little bro got you a romantic gift! I love romantic gifts!! :)
Happy Anniversary! Has it really been 3 years for you guys already? Sounds like you had a great time...I'm so glad. Next trip you take will have to be Southern Califonia!=)
Happy Anniversary! Coming home from a great vacation always sucks, but what would vacation be without reality?
Post a Comment