Tuesday, June 3, 2008

16 week appointment

Today Brandon and I went to our 16 week (4 month) baby appointment. It was a quick appointment, but we were able to hear the heartbeat again. I absolutely love that sound. With some cooperation from our baby we should know if it's a boy or girl by July 3rd. I am counting down the seconds.

This pictures helps me realize how much our baby is growing each week. I haven't yet felt the baby moving around, but just envisioning it swimming around is pretty fun. As you can imagine, I spend a lot of my free time thinking about our baby.

My doc. told me today that I should try to cut out some of the sugars and carbs in my diet - I'm gaining a bit too much weight a bit too early. So, I'm on a new mission to conquer my intake of "not so good for me or baby" food. Ah, the disadvantage of not having morning sickness....

5 comments:

Alli said...

Oh so exciting!! We are so excited for you! Congrats on everything going good. I did the same thing carring Tyler! SO hard to stop eating when that is what you WANT!!

Jenni said...

Man isn't it so amazing to hear the heart beat! And yeah for no morning sickness!! That is lucky!! Oh man and I can totally relate with the whole eating thing, it's hard when your body is working so hard and food sounds so good 24-7! But you can do it girl! I'm so excited for you guys to find out too!

The Shepherd family said...

My favorite thing is hearing the heart beat and then feeling the baby move. I miss that feeling when I am not pregnant. I didn't have any morning sickness either, but if your breast feed you lose a lot of your baby weight pretty quick, love that! :o)

nora.lakehurst said...

YAY baby! I am totally excited for you. I cant believe that "he?" is getting so big already. I had no idea you were so far along. I am so happy that it is happy and healthy. You guys will be great parents. :D

rich-thomas said...

its gunna be a girl....thats my prediction. you ow me 5000 dollars if im right haha