Monday, September 14, 2026

September bliss

Fall is coming and I can feel it in my bones. I am soooo grateful I live in a place that has three seasons. I put up my fall decorations this week, partly so I knew what decorations I could take to work, and partly because I'm so excited fall is finally here. Here is my shelves at work all decorated with the fall things I didn't need at home. 

Jenny McCulloch, one of our SPED teachers, gifted me the plant in the corner. She said these plants do great in locations that get zero sunlight. So far it's doing amazing. 

My church friend, Glenda, asked for a picture of my boys. Years and years ago she used to be my ministering sister, and she would occasionally see them. Sadly, the kids HATE having their pictures taken so this was the best I could do for Luke. Stay tuned for next weeks' picture of Peter - it's epic. 
The cucumber plants in my garden are finally, FINALLY, giving me what I've wanted. I'm so thrilled. I've harvested around 20 cucumbers thus far. I'm hoping for at least six more before everything freezes in a few weeks. 
I saw a cute/easy craft project on Facebook one night when I was scrolling away. I decided I should try it. So, I went to DI and got the board and puzzle (only cost me $3) and then spray painted it all. Peter and I love this board we use every time we spray paint. It's a fun reminder of all the projects we've done. I think the craft turned out pretty cute - cute enough to enter into 2027 fair? Yes!



I also promised our floriculture teacher that I would bring him back all the vases that he gave me last year with the floral arrangements his students provided to me (because I paid them). These were the only vases he didn't want. My Bishops wife is picking up the hobby of floral arranging, so she was happy to take them. It's fun to be able to give things away to people. 

I went down the Lego aisle at Smith's the other day and noticed these Lego blind bags in tamperproof boxes. I think it's super sad to see that consumers aren't trusted to be honest and even small things have to be locked up to prevent theft. 

No comments: